My Community Bank will treat all your personal information as private and confidential. None of your personal information you disclose to us will be disclosed to anyone other than in exceptional circumstances, as permitted by law or permitted by you as described below.
This policy, together with our any other document(s) referred to on it, sets out how we will process any personal data we collect from you, or that you provide to us. Please read the following carefully to understand our views and practices regarding your personal data and how we will treat it.
For the purpose of the Data Protection Act 1998, the data controller is My Community Bank
Information we may collect from you:
We may collect and process the following data about you:
- Information that you provide by filling in forms via our site www.MyCommunityBank.co.uk (“our site”) including information provided when you register to use our site, subscribe to our service, post material or request further services.
- In addition to the personal and financial information you submit (or we collect), we may also collect information about your computer including, where available, your IP address, operating system and browser type – for the purposes of system administration and product improvement. For details on the information collected in this way please see our Cookies Policy.
- If you contact us, we may keep a record of that correspondence.
- We may also ask you to complete surveys that we will use for research purposes, although you do not have to respond to them.
- Details of transactions you carry out through our site and the services we provide to you.
- Details of your visits to our site including, but not limited to, traffic data, location data, and other communication data, whether this is required for our own record keeping purposes or otherwise and the resources that you access.
- Personal information will not be kept longer than is reasonably necessary.
We recognise how important it is to protect and manage the information you share with us. We use computer safeguards such as firewalls and data encryption, we enforce physical access controls to our buildings and files, and we only authorise access to those employees who require it to fulfil their job responsibilities. When you share data with us through the website, that information is protected by secure socket layer (SSL) encryption. Our security systems meet or exceed industry standards and we constantly monitor internet developments to ensure our systems evolve as required.
Where we have given you (or where you have chosen) a password which enables you to access certain parts of our site, you are responsible for keeping this password confidential. We ask you not to share your password with anyone.
Although we will do our best to protect your personal data, we cannot guarantee the security of your data transmitted to our site; any transmission is at your own risk. Once we have received your information, we will use strict procedures and security features to try to prevent unauthorized access.
- To ensure that contents from our site are presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer.
- To provide you with information, products or services that you request from us or which we feel may interest you, where you have consented to be contacted for such purposes.
- To provide the best possible service we will need to contact you shortly before the maturity of any fixed term or fixed rate products. This ensures you are aware of the options available and helps you make an informed decision about your maturity instructions.
- To notify you about changes to our service and to carry out our obligations arising from any contracts entered into between you and us.
- To allow you to participate in interactive features of our service, when you choose to do so.
Disclosure of your information:
We may disclose your personal information to third parties under the following circumstances:
- Where you have permitted us to do so.
- Using credit-scoring methods to assess your application and to verify your identity.
- Your information will be crosschecked against the data available at credit reference agencies and the Electoral Register, for personal identification and address verification as well as any criminal record checks.
- In the event that we sell or buy any business or assets, in which case we may disclose your personal data to the prospective seller or buyer of such business or assets.
- If My Community Bank or substantially all of its assets are acquired by a third party, in which case personal data held by it about its customers will be one of the transferred assets.
- If we are under a duty to disclose or share your personal data in order to comply with any legal obligation, , or the terms and conditions of any agreement we have with you; or to protect the rights, property, or safety of My Community Bank, our customers, or others. This includes exchanging information with other companies and organizations for the purposes of fraud protection and credit risk reduction.
- We engage third party suppliers to host / manage our site and as such they will require access to your personal data. We will use all reasonable endeavours to ensure that they treat your information in accordance with the Act.
- Where you borrow or may borrow from us, details of your account and how you manage it may be shared with Credit Reference Agencies. If you borrow and do not repay in full and/ or on time, we may inform the Credit Reference Agencies, who will maintain a record of your outstanding debt with us.
You have the right to ask us not to process your personal data for marketing purposes. We will usually inform you (before collecting your data) if we intend to use your data for such purposes or if we intend to disclose your information to any third party for such purposes. You can exercise your right to prevent such processing by checking certain boxes on the forms we use to collect your data. You can also exercise the right at any time by contacting us at My Community Bank, Ivybridge, 1 Adam Street London,WC2N 6LE.
Under the Data Protection Act you have the right to access your personal data You can exercise your right at any time by contacting us on the address above. A fee of £10 may be charged for this service.
If you think any details we hold about you are incorrect (for example out of date address), please write to us. Any information which is incomplete/incorrect/out of date etc. shall be amended as soon as reasonably possible.
Our site may, from time to time, contain links to and from the websites of our affiliates. If you follow a link to any of these websites, please note that these websites have their own privacy policies and that we do not accept any responsibility or liability for these policies. Please check these policies before you submit any personal data to these websites.
The Direct Debit Guarantee:
- This is a guarantee provided by your own Bank as a member of the Direct Debit Scheme, in which Banks and Originators of Direct Debits participate.
- If you authorize payment by Direct Debit, then your Direct Debit Originator will notify you in advance of the amounts to be debited to your account.
- Your Bank will accept and pay such debits, provided that your account has sufficient available funds.
- If it is established that an unauthorized Direct Debit was charged to your account, you are guaranteed a prompt refund by your Bank of the amount so charged.
- You can cancel the Direct Debit Instruction in good time by writing to your Bank. Please also send a copy of your letter to us.
Questions, comments and requests regarding this policy are welcomed and should be addressed to: My Community Bank, Ivybridge, 1 Adam Street London,WC2N 6LE
We reserve the right to change this policy at any time and any changes we may make to our policy in the future will be posted on this page and not by individual written communication. Such changes will be effective from the time of posting and we therefore advise that you check this policy regularly.
By continuing to access or use our site you will be agreeing to any such changes.
See more at: https://www.MyCommunityBank.co.uk
My Community Bank, (the trading name of The Brent Shrine Credit Union Limited a company registered under the Industrial and Provident Societies Act 1965 and with registered number 213245 and authorised by the Prudential Regulation Authority and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority and the Prudential Regulation Authority, with its office at Ivybridge, 1 Adam Street London,WC2N 6LE, (“My Community Bank”) observes the highest standards of practice in all its activities and treats all the personal information it collects in strict compliance with the Data Protection Act 1998 (as amended from time to time) (the “Act”).